The unimportant things that take up my life, besides alcohol. Just kidding! I might also talk about alcohol.

Thursday 8 November 2012

Life is Ending By the Minute

I've never feared death and never understood why people get all worked up about it. UNTIL TODAY. The way I sometimes freak out about running out of time for immediate issues, like an assignment that's due or preparing for exams (also in my brain-fears right now, but that's the usual)-- today I thought "oh my god, I only have another 13 years to look hot, then I'm old." Even with a lot of work and lucky genes, I've got maybe 15-16 years. THAT IS SO LITTLE TIME, YOU GUYS.

Then it just goes and goes and you die. Maybe you die sooner! And there is nothing you can do about it!!

Pleasant thoughts. SO let's all fill up our slowly dissolving lives with good times and good movies!! I'm too busy with work to do a proper update today, so trust me these movies are great and you'll love them. If you don't, you can flick my arm and complain about your waste of 1.5-2hrs, since time is the one truly non-renewable resource we have. And I will be like "I'M SO SORRY" and I'll buy you a beer and do something memorable or ridiculous for at least 15 minutes to amuse you, which hopefully you will store in your memory and therefore extend your life by remembering more of it (IS THAT HOW IT WORKS?! I DON'T EVEN...)

Anyway:

Perfume!! Story of murder and Dustin Hoffman, really pretty ladies, really creepy premise, really wicked cool ending. This thing is all plot and intrigue. Super-underrated. Enjoy!!



Igby Goes Down -- I've seen it like eight or nine times and I'd see it again another twelve, maybe. Like Catcher in the Rye, but with Claire Danes and Kieran McCaulkin smoking pot in Central Park. Plus, Ryan Phillippe plays the douchebag role he was born to play.



The Secret Lives of Dentists-- I just love this, and especially if I'm sick. It's the absolute best movie to watch if you're sick in bed. It's also just straight-up amazing and sad and true-to-life. Hope Davis never does a bad flick.


No comments:

Post a Comment