The unimportant things that take up my life, besides alcohol. Just kidding! I might also talk about alcohol.

Thursday 1 November 2012

Deadwood -- don't let em grind you down

Go watch Deadwood, because if you want to see how people are insane and how things really are, with friends, acquaintances, colleagues...all the simultaneous jealousies and loyalties. You want to learn how to hold you head up when you know the people think you're awful, and they're not right, but obviously you're intolerable to them, and you hate them too, and this how it always always goes? Deadwood gets things so right, maybe more than Sopranos, more than Six Feet Under-- I can re-watch that old timey mud drama a million times. Also, no one is hotter than Timothy Olyphant. No one.

I'm not really a prostitute, but I identify with Trixie more than any other character of fiction.



No comments:

Post a Comment