The unimportant things that take up my life, besides alcohol. Just kidding! I might also talk about alcohol.

Saturday 13 October 2012

Pyjamas til 5pm

My friend and I had quite the adventure last night. Jesus Christ. I can't even begin to tell you. But I'm hungover big time.

Comfort movie watching is better than comfort food, because you have less reason to feel guilty. So let me recommend some Kirsten Dunst films. Kiki D gets a bad rap in the press sometimes, but it just so happens she stars in some of my all-time favourite re-watchable feel good movies:

"Marie Antoinette" -- watch if you feel alone and sad for no reason and like pretty things.

"Virgin Suicides" -- see above. Sophia Coppolla knows girls.

"Wimbledon" -- my favourite romantic comedy. Paul Bettany, aka Mr. Jennifer Connelly, is a total smokeshow. He is so British and adorable. People who don't think blond men are pretty may like this less. Remember when Reese Witherspoon tried with that sportsperson based romantic comedy that no one saw? Exactly. Because Wimbledon kills it in that genre. I'm watching this one now. Love it.

"Melancholia" -- Lars Von Trier movies are good if you find depression compelling and sometimes hate humanity. Definitely not for everyone, but many of my clever pals love this movie. It's gorgeous and KD was totally ripped off for awards nominations (probably because LVT said some stupid shit at Cannes.) See it!

No comments:

Post a Comment