The unimportant things that take up my life, besides alcohol. Just kidding! I might also talk about alcohol.

Tuesday 9 October 2012

Voices

Less worthless preamble! But still some: when I'm in my car, I often forget it's not soundproof. So today when a guy who is Not Into Me, but who I still pathetically text, wrote something transparently self-serving (ie-- "can you send me your notes?")...I don't know, back story might be needed, but basically I just started cackling hysterically (as I do sometimes...it's genetic and sounds unfortunate). I made these loud animal noises, mostly laughing, but maybe screeching, holding my phone up like baby Simba and squealing "phuuuuuucckkkk youuuuuu!!".

Then this dude who was walking his dog next to my car knocked on my window and shrugged in inquiry. I drove away.

Anyway, here are some great, or at least medium-good, podcasts!

"You Made It Weird" -- Pete Holmes (Long and meandering, but generally endearing and funny.)

"WTFpod" -- Marc Maron (Don't OD on Marc or you will be grumpy and misanthropic too).

"Doug Loves Movies" -- Doug Benson (Not for everyone, but I normally laugh a lot).

"This American Life" -- (NPR) Ira Glass (Probably the best podcast of all time).

"Cashing In With TJ Miller" -- Cash Levy & TJ Miller (really silly, but usually funny)

"The Nerdist" -- Chris Hardwick (Today they had Tom Hanks on...the Joan Rivers episode is epic.)

"Call Chelsea Peretti" -- Chelsea Peretti (I called into this one yesterday, but I did a terrible, awkward job of it and hopefully she does not put it on air).

"You Had to Be There" -- Nikki Glaser & Sara Schaefer (Nikki is so nice at answering my tweets).


No comments:

Post a Comment