The unimportant things that take up my life, besides alcohol. Just kidding! I might also talk about alcohol.

Sunday 24 February 2013

Little Known Heroes- Matthew Goode

For a week I'm just going to mention actors who are so exceptional and/or attractive that I will watch any piece of garbage movie they're in.

1. Matthew Goode

You guys. I originally wrote this whole thing without doing any research on my chosen subject. One little google search later and I realized he is so much more than his perfect face. He is a master of great honesty and has a winsome "doesn't give a f***" attitude. You'll note my inclusion of Leap Year below. Having discovered Goode's publicized remarks on said movie, I love him FOREVER.

Look at him.




Exactly.

But, for what it's worth, he's also in lots of movies that I really enjoy for OTHER reasons. His face is like a bonus. Like the kind of happiness you get when the vending machine drops you two Snickers bars by accident.

"Match Point"-- yes fine whatever, I already alluded to this movie before. It's my favourite Woody Allen picture. Over the top and full of ridiculously good looking people acting like evil cats. I think it was the hottest Scarlett Johansson ever looked. Plus the movie centres on the idea of moral luck, which is the best and only thing I remember from my philosophy degree.


"Watchmen" -- Also featuring another sorta forgotten because he left his pregnant wife "hero" Billy Crudup. For some reason not everyone liked this incredibly weird and sexy comic-based movie. I thought it was chilling, dark and amazing. I read the book afterwards, and I still think the movie did its job. Comic nerds just need to be as chill as literary nerds when it comes to film adaptations. I would definitely watch this again, and it would definitely have a lot to do with Matthew Goode's face. He's a good actor, yo! Moral ambiguity and incredibly good looking men, these are a few of my favourite things.


"A Single Man" -- Tom Ford, the fashion guy, made a movie and it's as stylish and beautiful as you would think. When I saw it in theatres with my friend, I remember turning to her and saying "I want to go back to the 60s and have sex with everybody." Also, I think this is by far my favourite Goode role. If he was picked by a gay fashion designer, you know exactly how hot he is. And it shows his charm and innocence.

Ugh, everyone in this movie. Everyone is perfect. Julianne Moore is an all-time actor champion and she kills it. Colin Firth, there's nothing I need to say, because it's Firth. Nicholas Hoult, as one of his first adult acting roles, looks about as attractive as is humanly possible. But ok fine, emotionally the movie is also riveting and achingly perfect. It's really, really good if you want to celebrate nostalgia.


And, finally, regrettably, inevitably, "Leap Year". Here's the thing. I almost moved to Ireland indefinitely for a man. I saw this movie after the fact (I think, I can't remember the exact sequence). YES Irish accents are sexy and YES the Irish countryside is a green, hilly heaven-scape of nature, etc etc. But Ireland is also fucked up. Visiting dreamy-headed women take note. In any case, this is one of MG's few starring roles and he is STUPIDLY ATTRACTIVE even though he has some horrible facial hair. Also Amy Adams is in it and she's fine. Or ok, she's cute as a button (not as cute as she was in Junebug, which is the world's best Amy Adams movie). It's just that the writing for the movie was pulled out a of trashbin. And still. Still I've seen it 3-4 times. Seriously though, like all high-budget shitty movies you're going to watch anyway because maybe you're not above that sort of thing, the entire movie is in the trailer. So watch the trailer, or watch the extended trailer (the movie) if you want to drink and shout at the TV for catharthis.


No comments:

Post a Comment