The unimportant things that take up my life, besides alcohol. Just kidding! I might also talk about alcohol.

Wednesday 27 February 2013

Ben Foster / Mos Def

I failed to post yesterday, which is the least important thing I skipped. I got a weather induced migraine, the second of my life! Did you know the body can introduce new and exciting varieties of suffering you thought if you didn't get young, you'd never get? It's true!! Like psychotic eczema and crippling 12 hour headaches!

Also, did you know Advil never expires (according to my mom and the fact those 2008 expired pills didn't kill me, but made me sleep 9 hours)? YAH! My mom doesn't think anything really ever expires. She got food poisoning a lot.

On to the heroes!! First: Ben Foster. This is the level of love I have for BF, my imaginary BF: he dated Kirsten Dunst and Robin Wright. And then those two women rose inestimably in my opinion, because I realized their perfect taste.

He's replacing Shia LaBouffant in "Orphans" on Broadway this spring, which means I'm going to NYC this spring. He is the world's best looking best actor ever. That is my opinion, but I don't argue with my friend when she tells me I should accept Jesus into my heart, because otherwise she's not sure I won't go to Hell. That's the power of BLIND FAITH & BELIEF. You cannot argue, you can only nod and squint. Like, I'd even watch a Jesus movie if Ben were in it.

Regarder le Ben:


"Liberty Heights" -- This is a cute movie about cute kids in a shitty time. Nostalgia should also remember the shit of the past. And it's a movie about how love conquers all!! Ben conquers all! With his marvelous acting chops and handsomeness that stilled my teenage heart!!!!!


"3:10 to Yuma" -- I definitely watched this movie 100% because Ben my boyfriend starred in it. But guess what, it's a great movie. It's the perfect Western, for people who don't even like Westerns. Full of drama, beautiful horses, tense stand-offs and homoerotic unrequited love. Also, Christian Bale. He's like a litmus test-- he won't do terrible movies. And this is the role that proves Ben is unstoppable. He was robbed of an Oscar nomination/ Oscar.


"The Messenger" -- This movie is super sad and super epic. It's about kids dying in war and the soldiers who have to tell their families. It's a beautiful story and based on true tragedy. I'd watch it again and again. Woody Harrelson is excellent, like he always is. As in the untouchable Samantha Morton. But so is Ben. Ben Ben Ben BEN.



Second hero of the day: Mos Def. Who the hell is sexier than Mos Def? Whenever he appears in a movie, he becomes the sun that the rest of the story orbits around. MD's quiet power onscreen is unbelievable. He can be funny, too. You would think that kind of gravitas could only work in dramas, but then there he goes, being funny!

Then he goes around being beautiful at all times:



"The Woodsman" -- Well this is a strange story. Did you think a pedophile could ever be a workable protagonist? He is here, but he has the face of Kevin Bacon, so it softens the blow. I'm telling you though, Mos Def steals the movie. He blows your mind, he is so good. So so so good. And it makes the movie watchable. The whole thing is so haunting. I recommend it!


"Something the Lord Made" -- This is one of go-to feel good movies. It gets sad. Then it gets happy. Then sad, then happy!! Gabrielle Union also makes you wish she were in more movies. Alan Rickman is Alan Rickman and his cool voice gets even cooler with that thick Southern accent. But no one can even touch Mos Def. Not even. He is so perfect and makes you cry with his perfection. And check it out, you can watch the whole awesome thing on youtube.


"Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" -- People worship the book. I haven't read it, to my shame. But I did see the movie and it's fun! Check it out, you'll like it (probably). Whimsical. Zany. Best of all, Mos Def!! I really wish I could just list off everything he's done. He is always, always worth seeing. Such a hero.



No comments:

Post a Comment