The unimportant things that take up my life, besides alcohol. Just kidding! I might also talk about alcohol.

Sunday 20 January 2013

Love & Sex & Famke

I saw Famke Janssen at a restaurant last week. She is like a tall, gorgeous fairy-person. And when she had to duck beside our table while I was declining dessert, expressing her own excitement for dessert-- I took it as a sign of hope! She was in X-men and James Bond this, and Taken that-- but mainly she is the star of "Love & Sex", which I watched 8-10 times when I was sixteen. The only weird part of the movie is that her love interest, Jon Favreau, just seems...you know. I mean, he is funny and sweet. But she is Famke. She's funny on her own. No offence to Favreau, but like...it should have been Paul Rudd. But Favreau is perfect in the role. I don't even know what I'm saying. It's just slightly got one of those "Is she really going out with him?" vibes, which I suppose is pretty true to life, all things considered. Ridiculously good-looking people can't all date each other.

That is ridiculously picky. I adore this movie. Then I found it on youtube this weekend and I was delighted to find out it still holds up! It's as charming and witty as it was back in those pre-2001 adolescent dreamy-times! Check it out!! ...!!!! (Also it was nominated for a screenplay prize at Sundance, so don't take my word on the wittiness! Sundance! Famke!! Escapism!!!! FAMKE!!!!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment