The unimportant things that take up my life, besides alcohol. Just kidding! I might also talk about alcohol.

Friday 4 January 2013

Sweet Idiotic Choices

I am addicted to irresponsibility and wilful denial of some basic truths. Things like currency, time, relations with men. But also I'm mostly very happy and I think my life is an adventurous delight right now, so what fucking ever. For example, I'm in California for a month and so far it's terrific. There's something super half-decent: travel. I never regret trips. I maybe should find a way to do them more cheaply, but I never regret them. I also never regret donating to charity.

AND I don't regret seeing Django Unchained because it was super watchable!! Leonardo DiCaprio seems like the world's most unpleasant person to lunch with, but his movies are always good! If you like Quentin Tarantino, you probably already saw Django and don't need me to tell you it's great. There are some pretty horses in it too, and Jamie Foxx and Christoph Waltz are always good in movies. There have been grumbles about slavery and exploitation. I'm too ignorant to defend the movie against nuanced criticism, but maybe as a small point, isn't any movie that reminds us, even tiny bit, of bad history a good thing? Remembering! Reminding! Things relatively very recent!

Les Mis wasn't my fav. I like Anne Hathaway's part. It'd be good for people who truly like musicals, which I guess I don't. Maybe just not the one's that are 27 hours long. Helena Bonham Carter and Sacha Baron Cohen steal the show, and they are both in way better movies to watch than this. Have you seen the Johnny Depp version of Sweeney Todd? It's better than this one, I thought.

You want misery without music? Watch Revolutionary Road.

Also I'm enjoying American Netflix and The League. Funniest show I've ever seen since It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Watch the League! Do it!




No comments:

Post a Comment