The unimportant things that take up my life, besides alcohol. Just kidding! I might also talk about alcohol.

Thursday 10 January 2013

Rose Byrne in Castles & Canada

Mary Winstead was Oscar-snubbed today. Probably loads of way worse crimes against humanity also happened, but that's the one I noticed.

The following are some movies with Rose Byrne that I could watch many times over. Rose Byrne is like a wittier, prettier, brunette version of Reese Witherspoon. 

For example, you could hang out with her in a castle! "I Capture the Castle" is a delightful movie--white people problems at their finest!! (Oh noooo! We are too poor to keep on living in our English castle! Let's borderline-prostitute our daughter, but only to classy people who wear tuxedos to dinner and then we can all romp around tragically in the green, perfect countryside!) Fun times.



Also Romola Garai is great in that movie, just like she is in Vanity Fair, which is a weirdly Bollywood version of one of my favourite 'keeping-it-real' books, with a pregnant Reese Witherspoon also romping around the British countryside. Basically, follow the career of Romola for lots of romping around with moody rich British people (see also Atonement).

But it's Rose Byrne I'm pretending is my imaginary friend today. If she were hanging out with me on the couch this afternoon, I probably wouldn't have eaten so much hummus, for example. She would have been like "let's go to a play, darling!", and I would have said "oh but I'm trying to write a term paper" and she would have said "you know damn well you'll fucking write it tomorrow, let's get day-drunk in Beverly Hills, we're in Los ANGELES! Let's goooo!"

See how fun she is? No one parties into the sunrise enough. No one enjoys youth enough.


And also she is the creepy best in this weird little Canadian movie I enjoy immensely called "Just Buried", with Jay Baruchel. It's one of those "dark comedies" that gets the meaning of the phrase. Sure, you'd think all those episodes of Six Feet Under had killed the 'funeral home drama'. Never!! I think there should be more profession-oriented fiction. Have we had enough movies about veterinarians? I doubt it.


No comments:

Post a Comment